We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amtrak

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Salinas, California
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Amtrak

TA has been such a great resource in helping me plan our New England vacation. I have one more question. My husband and I are planning to take Amtrak from New Haven to Washington, D.C. on, Thursday, October 22. My husband does not seem to think we need to make reservations. I on the other hand would like to have everything in place. Would you recommend making reservations in advance, or can we just hop on the train that afternoon? Thanks for all your help.

CT
Level Contributor
315 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amtrak

You probably won't need them, but why risk it?

When my son was in college, he always took that train - like flights, the earlier you book, the cheaper.

conn
Level Contributor
3,138 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amtrak

I would make a reservation northeast corrador is the bussiest run on amtrack

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amtrak

Make a reservation, it can be sold out. Also, look online for discount codes. If you're a AAA member you get 10% off (but only if you book at least 3 days prior, so another reason to book it earlier)

Salinas, California
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amtrak

Thanks for the info!

5. Re: Amtrak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 13, 2010