We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help - Need Hotel Advice

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Arizona
2 posts
Save Topic
Help - Need Hotel Advice

Okay - so the Omni is #1 but they charge $20 each for parking and we have 2 cars. The trip is for my sister's 40th bday and we want to be able to walk to restaurants/bars and Yale seemed like a good place to visit. My other sister is coming in from Nanuet so New Haven seemed to be a good location between that and Hartford as well. I have the Courtyard booked but think it will be too far to walk most places? Being from AZ I don't have a clue if I am making a good choice or not. Anyone from the area that can give some quick good advice? Thanks a million!

East Haven...
Level Contributor
354 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help - Need Hotel Advice

Your walk won't be that horrible. Unfortunately, the selection is slim downtown for hotels. You might be better off staying out of New Haven, (like West Haven or East Haven) and drive into downtown for the night.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help - Need Hotel Advice

The walk from the Marriot to the center of downtown really isn't bad at all. Just grab a map so you're oriented better. A lot of the times it's easier to walk than take a taxi, anyway, because of all the one-way streets.

Arizona
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help - Need Hotel Advice

Well, I have the Omni booked now too. They had an entertainment rate available that made it a little more reasonable with the parking. Thanks for the postings and the help. Now hopefully the weather works out :)

Thanks again!

4. Re: Help - Need Hotel Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 07, 2009