We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mystic Area without a Car

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Which Mystic hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
17 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Mystic Area without a Car

I'll be traveling to Mystic via Amtrak and don't want to rent a car. Also thinking of staying in Watch Hill, but don't know if that's practical. How readily available are taxis in the area? TIA!

Stamford...
Level Contributor
820 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mystic Area without a Car

There are a couple of taxi companies that will service Mystic, but you'd have to call for pickup. If you're going to be in Mystic, there are hotels that are walking distance to a lot of the things people go there for. I don't know much about Watch Hill, we usually only stop there for an afternoon, with our car.

New England
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mystic Area without a Car

This is probably a late post for your question, but we did take a taxi-Yellow Cab- from Amtrak to the Holiday Inn and were pleased with the service. One thing we like about the Holiday Inn Express location is that you can walk to many Mystic attractions: The Aquarium, Mystic Village, and Mystic Seaport. There are also several restaurants within walking distance.

So for those of you going to Mystic in the future- there are 2 major areas in Mystic- the Downtown and the Aquarium area. Both areas have good lodging and dining choices, IMO.

Mystic, CT
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mystic Area without a Car

Without a car, I'd recommend you stay in Mystic. Watch Hill is pretty isolated, and very few businesses open at this time of year.

Philadelphia...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mystic Area without a Car

Thanks, everyone! As things turned out, I stayed 1 night in downtown Mystic and 1 in the Aquarium area. I used Yellow Cab in between and back to the Amtrak station in New London (better schedule options than the Mystic station, at least for me)--very good service. I agree that Watch Hill would not be doable w/o a car. Next time...

5. Re: Mystic Area without a Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 25, 2014