We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Steak Loft or The Captain Daniel Inne Restaurant & Pub

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Ireland
Level Contributor
169 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
The Steak Loft or The Captain Daniel Inne Restaurant & Pub

Any suggestions please on which restaurant would be the best for 2 adults & a 17 year old. Also would we be allowed into the pub area of the Captain Daniel Inne afterwards with the 17 year old. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Selbeep

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Steak Loft or The Captain Daniel Inne Restaurant & Pub

I would always always choose Dan Packer. I've never had problems bringing my kids down to the pub to eat lunch there. I don't know about evenings.

I like Steak Loft too, though. The salad bar there is good, everything is usually very fresh. I do love a salad bar. The food there is more straightforward - steak, barbecue chicken. I'm sure you've looked at both menus, though, so you'd have an idea about that.

Ireland
Level Contributor
169 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Steak Loft or The Captain Daniel Inne Restaurant & Pub

Thanks for your reply winniemartin. I actually prefer The Captain Daniel Packer Inne too but thought perhaps the menu in the Steak Loft would be more suited to a 17 year old. We were also interested in maybe visiting the pub for the music after our meal in the Captain Daniel but not sure if this is allowed by law in Connecticut.

North Pole, New York
Level Contributor
67 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Steak Loft or The Captain Daniel Inne Restaurant & Pub

When I was seventeen I might've preferred Steak Loft. I wasn't much of a foodie back then.

Have you tried emailing about the pub? captdpi@aol.com

4. Re: The Steak Loft or The Captain Daniel Inne Restaurant & Pub

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, October 21, 2009