We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haight Brown Winery

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
NewEngland
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Haight Brown Winery

Has anyone visited this winery? The web site looks nice. Are there other things to see nearby or any nice, not too expensive restaurants for a late lunch or early supper?

New Hartford...
Level Contributor
329 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haight Brown Winery

Given the choice, you might like either of these two locations much better: http://www.sunsetmeadowvineyards.com (not too far from Haight in Litchfield – nice facility, beautiful grounds) and

www.hopkinsvineyard.com (on Lake Waramaug in New Preston – a bit farther out, nice facility, fab scenery from their property overlooking the lake).

And yes, in Litchfield you can eat at the Village Restaurant. Good food, great atmosphere, nice people, not too expensive.

Litchfield...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haight Brown Winery

I'm also more partial to the Hopkins Vineyard (I live in town and buy by the case). In addition to the Village (which can be kind of expensive) I'd suggest GW Tavern in Washington for a nice sunday brunch, as well as JD Tuckers.

-kel

New Hartford...
Level Contributor
329 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haight Brown Winery

kel - I can't believe you'd suggest that the Village can be "kind of expensive" and in the same breath suggest the GW! Talk about expensive!!

Litchfield...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Haight Brown Winery

ehhhh...i never seem to spend as much at GW as I do at the Village, and I love them both (maybe it's the better wine selection at the Village) At G.W.'s I always stick with a micro-brew and usually order the GW burger or the pear salad (neither of which is super expensive).

getting hungry just thinking about the pear salad-now I know what i'm having for dinner!

-kel

5. Re: Haight Brown Winery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, October 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Litchfield
More Litchfield Topics