We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus to Hartford from Boston

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Cape Elizabeth...
3 posts
Save Topic
Bus to Hartford from Boston

I need to travel from Portland, ME to a hotel at Bradley Airport, Hartford. Looking at bus to Boston and then Boston to Hartford as the best route. Any thoughts on Megabus, PeterPan or Greyhound? Thanks!!

Groton, Connecticut
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus to Hartford from Boston

MegaBus is the most modern of those buses and probably the most comfortable. I agree with your route but 1 part to look into is Hartford to Bradley as that is not a cheap ride either. Probably a $50 cab ride. I would even look at Amtrak from Portland to Windsor Locks then a pre-arranged cab from there.

Cape Elizabeth...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus to Hartford from Boston

Thanks for letting me know about the distance/expense to Bradley! Very helpful advice!! The transfers via Amtrak route may be worth it. Thanks again!

Hartford
Destination Expert
for Hartford
Level Contributor
938 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus to Hartford from Boston

You can also take a local bus from downtown Hartford to the airport, CT Transit runs a bus called the Bradley Flyer that will get you to the airport for less than $2.00. It stops at Union Station where Peter Pan/Greyound end up as well as near the Mega Bus stop (#11). If you get to the airport the hotel probably

will pick you up.

Cape Elizabeth...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus to Hartford from Boston

Thank you for this excellent information!

5. Re: Bus to Hartford from Boston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 24, 2014