We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Closest off aiport car rental?

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Which Hartford hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
The Lone Star State
Level Contributor
50 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Closest off aiport car rental?

In order to avoid paying really expensive rental rates at BDL, can somone diect me to the closest off airport rental? I'm trying to take a taxi to pick up a car. Off airport rentals are about half the cost. Thanks!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Closest off aiport car rental?

There are alot of car rental places around the airport. They all have shuttles though and are considered "airport" locations... Hertz, Dollar, Enterprise, Budget.. I am not sure what others are around that are not consdiered airport locations. If you can tell me what direction you are going I can suggest some towns you can search for rentals in. Most likely it would be Hartford which would be a significant cab ride..

Hartford
Destination Expert
for Hartford
Level Contributor
889 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Closest off aiport car rental?

$23 cab ride to Enterprise location in Wiindsor but they are not open nights or weekends. I'm not sure how much you could save.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Closest off aiport car rental?

Exactly Brookerme.. I agree.. just rent from teh airport.. you won't save much if at all and its much more convenient.

4. Re: Closest off aiport car rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 28, 2014