We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants Close to Holiday Inn Express in Danbury?

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Which Danbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
9 posts
354 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants Close to Holiday Inn Express in Danbury?

I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Express at 89 Mill Plain Road in Danbury for a couple of days. I will not have a car. I am interested in restaurant recommendations (for dinner) that are within easy (closer the better) walking distance of the Holiday Inn. Suggestions? Thank you.

7 replies to this topic
Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,876 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants Close to Holiday Inn Express in Danbury?

There are a lot of restaurants in the area... a lot of the Holiday Inn Express Hotels offer shuttle service to their guests, check with the hotel... its usually free and then you can tip the drive. Below is some other info, or you can 'google' the address by map for more restaurants in the area. Good luck!

http://www.hiedanbury.com/dining-2/

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
Level Contributor
4,844 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants Close to Holiday Inn Express in Danbury?

I don't know of a thing in walking distance. And i would not recommend walking along Route 6.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World, Las Vegas
Level Contributor
25,032 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants Close to Holiday Inn Express in Danbury?

I agree take the hotel shuttle or see if one of the restaurants deliver.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,876 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants Close to Holiday Inn Express in Danbury?

I would agree that route 6 is a very busy road and not safe for walking a distance, but there is a Chinese restaurant next door to the hotel as well as a Duchess fast food restaurant if your just looking for something to eat, looking for anything fancy and want to get ouf of the hotel room; otherwise I would see if there is a shuttle available or the possibility of taking a cab.

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
6,876 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants Close to Holiday Inn Express in Danbury?

(edit)...a Duchess fast food restaurant 'across the street' if your just looking for something to eat, 'and not' looking for anything fancy and want to get ouf of the hotel room...

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants Close to Holiday Inn Express in Danbury?

Luckily, Mill Plain Rd. is chock full of restaurants, bars, businesses. Right next door (to the west) is a small strip mall and there's a great little place called Kibberia (middle eastern cuisine/casual/affordable/very popular!) and a decent Chinese place. If you were to walk about 5-8 min further to the west along Mill Plain Rd, you'll see Rosy Tomorrows -- lively bar scene, amazing collection of old Danbury Fair aphemera/bizarre/fun decorations -- HUGE selection of food at decent prices! Another 10th of a mile further and there's a strip mall w/Staples in it. There you'll find a Trader Joes! and Starbucks and Desert Moon (Mexican chain restaurant). If you walk east on Mill Plain (make a left exiting your hotel) there's Max 40 and Prespa (both recommended) are within walking distance (less than 1/2 mi. on the right side of Mill Plain) are more sophisticated/tapas bars.

Brewster, New York
Level Contributor
1,546 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants Close to Holiday Inn Express in Danbury?

Luckily, Mill Plain Rd. is chock full of restaurants, bars, businesses. Right next door (to the west) is a small strip mall and there's a great little place called Kibberia (middle eastern cuisine/casual/affordable/very popular!) and a decent Chinese place. If you were to walk about 5-8 min further to the west along Mill Plain Rd, you'll see Rosy Tomorrows -- lively bar scene, amazing collection of old Danbury Fair aphemera/bizarre/fun decorations -- HUGE selection of food at decent prices! Another 10th of a mile further and there's a strip mall w/Staples in it. There you'll find a Trader Joes! and Starbucks and Desert Moon (Mexican chain restaurant). If you walk east on Mill Plain (make a left exiting your hotel) there's Max 40 and Prespa (both recommended) are within walking distance (less than 1/2 mi. on the right side of Mill Plain) are more sophisticated/tapas bars.

Reply to: Restaurants Close to Holiday Inn Express in Danbury?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted