We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nice place for a business dinner in Danbury?

In cooperation with: Connecticut Office of Tourism
Which Danbury hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, New York
9 posts
Save Topic
nice place for a business dinner in Danbury?

Hi Everyone,

I'm planning a business dinner in Danbury in June (for 20-25 guests). There are quite a few restaurants listed on this site, but I'm wondering if anyone (locals or satisfied visitors) has any personal recommendations? I appreciate any input! If you'd like to warn me of places to stay away from, that would be great too. Thanks!

Food: any. Atmoshere: not too stuffy (elegant/charming/quirky etc can all work)

N

bridgeport, ct
Level Contributor
475 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nice place for a business dinner in Danbury?

If you've been to danbury, you will know that it isnt exactly a fine cuisine center so I'm not really sure what to recommend here since you say this is for a business dinner.

I know that Molly Darcy's has good food and is probably big enough to accommodate your crowd but it is just what you think it is going to be, a kind of non-franchise Friday's or Bennigan's type place whic might not be as elegant of a place as you are looking for.

I have not heard good things about chuck's steak house.

Are you familiar with the area? Ridgefield is very close (20 minutes) and might have more elegant choices. I think there is a discussion on this forum about their restaurants.

Brooklyn, New York
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: nice place for a business dinner in Danbury?

thanks for the tips!

I've actually never been in the area - I'm planning this out of the office for someone else who has also never been there... Ridgefield is actually closer to the business, so it's great that you told me the food there may be better as well. I did notice the discussion topic on Ridgefield's restaurants and posted there as well yesterday.

:)

3. Re: nice place for a business dinner in Danbury?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, August 15, 2009