We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good place to snowshoe near Winter Park

Boulder, Colorado
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
A good place to snowshoe near Winter Park

Can any locals, or recent visitors, please recommend a couple good places to snowshoe this week? I'd like to not travel super far from town so I can spend more time in the outdoors and less time in the car. I'm an avid hiker and up for a decent push and/or really beautiful scenery (if that helps narrow anything down).

Thanks in advance!

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A good place to snowshoe near Winter Park

Why drive all the way to Winter Park? There are some great snowshoe trails at the Brainard Lake Recreation area less than an hour from Boulder: gorp.com/parks-guide/travel-ta-arapaho-roose…

www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail.aspx…

Edited: 3:24 pm, February 23, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Brainard Lake Recreation Area
Brainard Lake Recreation...
49 Reviews
Ward, CO
Boulder
Boulder
Colorado
Boulder, Colorado
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A good place to snowshoe near Winter Park

Thanks for the suggestion, Babalax, but I will be in WP with my fiance who will be snowboarding. I gave up the downhill skiing and snowboarding as I just don't really enjoy it. I do love snowshoeing though and usually get some photography in when I go.

Any thoughts on snowshoeing near Winter Park?

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A good place to snowshoe near Winter Park

I have not done any snowshoeing in that area. Here's some info from the WP Chamber website that should help: www.playwinterpark.com/snowshoeing.html

Have fun!

4. Re: A good place to snowshoe near Winter Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 25, 2014