We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please advice on Sol Vista

Tishomingo, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
170 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Please advice on Sol Vista

We were looking for a place to ski with the kids at Christmas time, considering everything from NM, Breckenridge, Sol Vista. I love Breckenridge but it is very price and crowded in my experience. I was thinking that Sol Vista may be nice as they appear to have sledding for all ages, skiing, sleigh rides. I'm just kind of scared as I have never been to a place this small and don't want to be disappointed. We are traveling with our boys which are 2 and 4 years old, which is why we want a ski in/out less crowded and expensive place. If anyone has any advice, please send it my way. Again, we want a ski in-out (advice?), sledding that we can all do and maybe even a dinner sleigh ride. Thanks so much!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please advice on Sol Vista

Sol Vista is a great place for your kids' ages....most of the runs are easy green and/or blue runs. Never very crowded either, especially during the week, even for spring breaks! Lift prices and lesson prices are much less that the other resorts in the area. You can find accomodation anywhere from a house, to a one, two or three bedroom condo. Newest condo complex is Base One, right next to the day lodge and the longest lift. Sledding and tubing area is also right next to Base One. My kids and grandkids (6,8,10) live just over the hill from Solvista in a single home community called Innsbruck, and they have skiied there for 5 years now. There's a sleigh ride company just north of Fraser called 'Jingel Bells' that should fit your needs.

Use TripAdvisor to locate your accomodation...be sure to check out opinions from other reviewers for the place you choose to stay.

Gary in Littleton CO.

Edited: 5:42 pm, August 25, 2011
2. Re: Please advice on Sol Vista

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, October 16, 2012