We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breck or Winter Park...or another resort?

Delray Beach, FL
Level Contributor
78 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Breck or Winter Park...or another resort?

It seems like so many people want advice on where to go, since there are so many to choose from, for skiing in CO. I am no exception. ;-) Planning a trip out there late Feb and it will be 2 couples who are intermediate and in early 30s. We all want most of what everyone else wants like good condition, nice & quaint village for a decent price. I know this sounds like so many other posts, but hopefully I'll get a lot of response even if it is just a quick tip/opinion.

From what I read it seems that Breck has a nicer town, but WP has better skiing (or lift lines anyway).

Mississippi
Level Contributor
33 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breck or Winter Park...or another resort?

We are heading to winter park, AGAIN. Gave the kids their choice of going somewhere else, but they love WP. There is very limited night life, in my opinion. But if you want family friendly and laid back this is the place. This will be my 4th trip there and it is the only place I have wanted to return to. They have sleigh rides, snow mobiling, a great tubing hill, dog sledding..... so much to choose from. We are staying at 734 Trailhead Lodge through Winter Park Lodging Company. Was SO much cheaper than what we have paid in the past to stay ski in. looks nicer.

Don't know if this is any help. I will definitely leave info on how it goes for us if you check back in about 2-3 weeks. Good luck.

Colorado
Level Contributor
360 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breck or Winter Park...or another resort?

You should also look into Steamboat, Crested Butte, and Aspen. They all have better skiing than Breck and Winter Park (IMO) and the towns are great with plenty of restaurants and bars.

If you can afford a little more $$$, I would say Aspen, hands down. The skiing BLOWS AWAY WP and Breck, and the town is awesome. The scenery (both in town and on the mountains) is second to none, too.

Delray Beach, FL
Level Contributor
78 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breck or Winter Park...or another resort?

Good info to know. Thank you so much!

4. Re: Breck or Winter Park...or another resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 08, 2010