We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timber Run, The Pines @ Meadowridge, or Indian Peaks-Anyone?

Kansas Ctiy, MO
12 posts
Save Topic
Timber Run, The Pines @ Meadowridge, or Indian Peaks-Anyone?

We will be new visitors to this area of Colorado, but are planning on coming out at the end of this month or beginning of next month, (Aug./Sept. 2007).

Has anyone stayed at any of these resorts: Timber Run, The Pines @ Meadowridge, or Indian Peaks? Can you tell me if they are clean, updated condos, or anything about any experience there? We are planning a trip to Colorado and these are some of the resort possibilities we can stay at for a discount.

Thanks for your help!

Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
236 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timber Run, The Pines @ Meadowridge, or Indian Peaks-Anyone?

I "think" all of these resorts are condo's that are traded into by the timeshare companies. We stayed at Pines @ Meadowridge several years ago on an exchange.

Pines @ Meadowridge is actually in Fraser - just a hop, skip & a jump from Winter Park. A Safeway grocery store is just around the corner from the resort. Resort is your basic, Colorado ski lodge. We were there in the winter, so activities were limited. Seems like there was a swimming pool and hot tub just a short walk away.

We had a two bedroom unit with 4 adults and 2 kids. Had a small, but fully stocked, kitchen with bar/barstools for eating area and a dining room table.

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Timber Run, The Pines @ Meadowridge, or Indian Peaks-Anyone?

I am heading to Indian Peaks next week and cant find any pictures or reviews anywhere....Does anyone know anything about this place???

San Diego
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Timber Run, The Pines @ Meadowridge, or Indian Peaks-Anyone?

My wife and 9 year old son stayed at Indian Peaks in February 2008. We were pleasently surprised.

This condo unit is located in Fraser just minuets from Winter Park and very close to a large new Safeway.

The units are all 2 bedroom with a living room and kitchen. The living room and kitchen area were spacious. The bedrooms were somewhat small but they did have large closets and a chest of drawers.

The condo was very well maintained. While we were there a friendly repairman came by to fix a kitchen drawer and a bathroom fixture. He was apparently notified by the previous guests.

The kitchen was in good working order, clean, and well stocked - although they only leave enough coffee and filters for about 3 days.

The common room was a converted unit. It had 3 washer/dryer units that were free to use (soap was 75 cents). My son loved the air hockey, bumper pool, foosball, and pac man play area. It also had a 42" flat screen monitor complete with connections for a playstation or x-box. There was also wireless internet access in the common room - the code can be obtained from the management on check in. A leather sofa and flat screen TV with cable was also available.

I did not see any swimming pool at this facility but each unit did have a full size Jacuzzi in a side room just off the condo entrance. This was really great after skiing.

I would recommend this unit for skiing for a max of 4 adults with possibly a couple kids.

During our stay we enjoyed snowmobiling (Trailblazers), an evening horse drawn sleigh ride (Dashing through the Snow), and inner tube sledding at the Fraser tubing hill. All of these were within a 15 minuet drive. The Fraser Valley offers more non skiing winter activities than any resort we have ever stayed at. Renting an SUV at the Denver Airport is diffinately the way to go because you are going to want to get out there.

As for the Winter Park Resort itself. I would recommend this area for skiers but not so much for snowboarders. We were all snowboarding and we have never seen an area with Sooooo many flat spots! Be prepared to take off your board and walk at least three times a day no matter where you are on the mountain.

The parking situation was also not like we have ever experienced. If you do not utilize the free shuttle - be prepared to walk a loooong way! We found the best parking at the Mary Jane Base. It was relatively close compared to the other spots.

Ironically we had our best boarding days at a small ski area 30 minuets from the condo. It was called Sol Vista. Lots of fun.

Enjoy your trip,

Lajollajeff

4. Re: Timber Run, The Pines @ Meadowridge, or Indian Peaks-Anyone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, September 21, 2009