We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bishop castle

usa
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
bishop castle

this is a place worth going even if you don't do anything else. The builder, John Bishop has laid each stone all by himself. This is a work in progress, taking him 37 years to build thus far. It is amazing! The tallest peak is nearly 160 ft high in the air.

If you go on a weekend you will most likely be able to see Mr. Bishop in progress and possibly talk and visit with him. There is no charge, but he does have a free will donation box. No Pressure though.

He has had alot of trouble with the government, so it is a little hard to find, due to the fact they have only agreed to put up one sign. Pictures will be coming, but even they don't do this masterpiece justice. Talking with him he told me he would just like to get someone interested in doing some advertising or gaining some way of getting this castle heard about. HGTV has been there, as well as Discovery respectively.

Go if you are in Colorado, it is AMAZING!!!!

Not far from Pueblo, and near Beulah.

Colorado Western...
Destination Expert
for Ouray, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Montrose
Level Contributor
655 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bishop castle

You'll find a few photos and additional information here:

colorado-for-free.com/FreeThingsToDoColorado…

Carver...
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bishop castle

I saw this on television not long ago. Is there a metal dome or shere at the top that is still in progress? This is something I would like to see. Thanks.

3. Re: bishop castle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, September 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Westcliffe
More Westcliffe Topics