We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best location

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
392 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
best location

We have decided to go to Vail this Feb. I was looking at Vail Mountain Lodge and Spa or Sheraton Mountain Vista Resort. Is Sheraton far away from everything or will we have easy access to Vail (it is Avon). How is it to drive back and forth?(road conditions normally in Feb) Anyone have any suggestions on the two places?

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best location

Vail, hands down, is a better location than Avon. Of course, you'll pay for the better location! Staying in Golden Peak, Vail Village or Lionshead will allow you to walk to the lifts, dining, shopping and the free in-town shuttle.

Avon requires you to take a shuttle bus to Beaver Creek (free) or a shuttle bus to Vail ($5 per person each way). You can drive to Vail, but plan on about $18 per day for parking. And in Avon, there is no walking to the mountain and it is not a particularly friendly pedestrian town.

If cost is a factor, consider the Vail Racquet Club (located in East Vail - 10 minute shuttle ride) or check www.vail.net for discounts on lodging in Vail or Lionshead.

Level Contributor
410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best location

I'll be staying in Sheraton Mountain Vista in Dec. I can let you know how it is.

Level Contributor
410 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best location

just got back from Sheaton Mountain Vista Resort. If you have not decided as of yet, I can help you with detailed review of the resort.

4. Re: best location

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, August 24, 2009