We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I can decide an hotel for the holidays

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mexico
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
I can decide an hotel for the holidays

Im between the lodge at vail and the marriott at lion square its my first time in vail I dont know what to do

what you recommend me?

baton rouge la.
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I can decide an hotel for the holidays

im staying at the sitzmark lodge. on thanksgiving , right by the chair lifts , vail so cool you will have fun this will be my 30 year.

Vail,CO
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I can decide an hotel for the holidays

Very different products here> The Lodge has a fantastic location at the main chairlift and in the core of Vail Village. Lion Square Lodge is in the Lionshead area at the base of the Gondola.

The Lodge has fine dining/room service, Lionsquare will be a bit more casual.

Both offer ease to the slopes.

Can you give me an idea of what you are looking for in lodging? I can help you more specifically that way.

mexico
Level Contributor
105 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I can decide an hotel for the holidays

Hello

I want a very nice hotel, with nice lobby and nice rooms and bathrooms.

Something near the gondola.

wich hotels you recommend me?

or also who has the best apartments

thanks

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I can decide an hotel for the holidays

The best "hotel" near the gondola is the Marriott. There are very few hotel options in Lionshead! Most of the lodging near the gondola in Lionshead Village is actually condominiums such as Lion Square Lodge, The Landmark, etc.

You might want to consider the Tivoli, Sonnenalp or the Vail Mountain Lodge in Vail Village - they have very nice facilities and renovated common areas. You'll be able to walk to the Vista Bahn from any of these properties.

Baltimore, MD
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I can decide an hotel for the holidays

I am headed to Vail with 4 other friends the first week of March 2007 and we're opting for the Landmark Townhouses in Lions Head this time around b/c of the size of our group and their budgets. I'm a little nervous about it b/c my sister and I usually stay at the Moutain Haus which ROCKS! If you want something close to the shops and the slopes, the Mountain Haus is a great bet!

Anyone know anything about the Landmark Townhouses? Are we still going to have a great time there?

Thanks!

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I can decide an hotel for the holidays

You'll have a great time at the Landmark. It's a more moderate option than the Mountain Haus (and of course is cheaper b/c of that). It's a great location in the middle of Lionshead Village w/ pool, hot tubs, etc. I've seen some of the units - they have lots of flexiblity in terms of bedding and the living rooms are a bit smaller. But it's a good option for you. As with any hotel/condominium, call and be sure to them them if you have any special requests.

Baltimore, MD
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: I can decide an hotel for the holidays

Thanks so much!!

8. Re: I can decide an hotel for the holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, August 24, 2009