We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion for romantic weekend in Vail Nov 10th 2006

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
chattanooga, TN
Level Contributor
4 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestion for romantic weekend in Vail Nov 10th 2006

We will be visiting the weekend before ski season is open. My husband and I would like a romantic horse & sleigh ride, steak dinner, horseback riding & snowmobile rentals. This will be my husbands first trip to Colorado. We will be staying at he Vail Cascade Resort & Spa. Any suggestions? Pam

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
539 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion for romantic weekend in Vail Nov 10th 2006

You're staying in Vail? The only true sleigh ride is at Beano's cabin in Beaver Creek (at least that is accessible to the public). It's actually pulled by a snowcat - but very romantic nonetheless. Horse carriage rides are throughout the village all of the time. Steak dinner? So many options. Russell's would be your best bet for a great steak dinner. Snowmobile rentals will be out of Minturn. There isn't any snowmobiling on the ski mountains for the public. I would also suggest snow shoeing up the mountain to Eagle's Nest, that would be fun! Vail Cascade is great w/ a tremendous Spa. You'll have to take the Vail bus to get to the village, but the resort is gorgeous.

new jersey
Level Contributor
116 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion for romantic weekend in Vail Nov 10th 2006

Other great Vail options for dinner include La Tour, Sweet Basil and

Montauk in Lionshead. Have a great weekend.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,742 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestion for romantic weekend in Vail Nov 10th 2006

I I cannot speak to activities at that time. I do agree with Amy regarding the Cascade. We have stayed there in years past in the off season. Great Spa, nice pool by the river, on the bike path.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
892 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestion for romantic weekend in Vail Nov 10th 2006

Since you are staying at the Cascade, try a dinner at Chap's (at the resort) - a great option for a steak dinner. La Tour is our favorite restaurant in town - and most places will have specials since it is still "off season". Ask the concierge for recommendations!

5. Re: Suggestion for romantic weekend in Vail Nov 10th 2006

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 26, 2009