We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snow boarding holiday

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
snow boarding holiday

We are trying to book our holiday for jan 07. my husband is stuck on vail but i wondered if he was right so thought i'd ask you guys! and if so, where abouts in the vail area

my husband is a better and more confident boarder than i am. my ideal is plenty of runs that leave me with the choice of something harder if i get braver, but with the choice of easy days when i need them. the quieter the slopes the better for me. my husband is a good skier too and sometimes has a day skiing while i shop.

Also regarding hotel location. is the vail cascades too far out? and exactly how quiet is it around there?

Please help!

coonabarabran
Level Contributor
29 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snow boarding holiday

The cascade is 2 miles from the village but they have a shuttle that runs back and forth between the village, vail center and cascade.

They also have their own lift, so it is ski in and out.

January tends to be the quieter time in Vail, but it will still be busy on weekends.

Vail is the biggest ski mountain in NA, so no shortage of different ski runs here.

2. Re: snow boarding holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, August 23, 2009