We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Valet parking - Sebastian

Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Valet parking - Sebastian

Valet parking is a new concept to me.

Looking for accommodation next Easter and the Sebastian has a fantastic rate for my dates, though it's a little more than I was looking to pay it's sorely tempting to stay there.

The only parking option is valet parking, what would the protocol be with regards to tipping fir valet parking , cost is 20 usd per day.

Thanks

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Valet parking - Sebastian

$20 per day is cheaper than Vail's all day public parking so a deal in a place where there really is no free parking. Unless you want to go to Beaver Creek or Breckenridge you'll put it in and not see it till you leave. re: tip maybe $10. No more IMO.

Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Valet parking - Sebastian

Thanks Tex, plan on a day at a couple of nearby resorts whilst there too

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,255 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Valet parking - Sebastian

I usually tip the valets at Vail hotels $1-2 everytime I have the car brought around. If it's been there for your entire stay and you just have it brought to leave, up to you, but I would still treat it as a single pickup. That's quite an amazing valet rate.

Have fun. Nice hotel.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Valet parking - Sebastian

Valet parking attendants in Colorado (like in most US States) often work for an hourly wage below (or right at) the state's minimum wage rate. As such, they count on the day's cumulative tips to make a "live-able" wage. In the resort towns of Colorado (or even downtown Denver, for that matter) I would never tip less than $5.00US per vehicle retrieval.

Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Valet parking - Sebastian

Thanks for the advice, tipping's a bit of a minefield for us Brits ! Always like to make sure to tip appropriately.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
199 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Valet parking - Sebastian

1-2$ per time. 5 every time is nuts.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
13,626 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Valet parking - Sebastian

10,00? Unless I had 10 bags they helped me cram in the car I'd not tip that much. 2.00 sounds right to me.

Stockport England
Destination Expert
for Bruges
Level Contributor
1,715 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Valet parking - Sebastian

Thanks people.

How about tips for Ski Valet ?

All booked upnow ! counting down the 340 odd days !

9. Re: Valet parking - Sebastian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 08, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Vail