We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July Hike Suggestions?

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
July Hike Suggestions?

Some middle-aged folks here, coming together in Vail Valley this July. Looking for a really nice nearby hike we can all handle. 4-5 miles roundtrip max. Would love for the hike to have a beautiful alpine destination like a lake, falls or vista. Will be some sea-level lowlanders in our crowd, so the longer roundtrip Holy Cross Wilderness hikes I've read about just won't work for us. We don't mind driving up miles of county gravels to get to a trailhead, of course.

Vail, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July Hike Suggestions?

Hanging Lake and Piney Lake are the two best close by.. Also, "The Grotto's" near Independence Pass and The Maroon Bells near Aspen are a good day trip if you start early.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July Hike Suggestions?

Piney Lake, hmmm, will check that one out! Google brought up some great pics. Thank you!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
12,834 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: July Hike Suggestions?

Beaver Creek has some great on mountain trails for hiking in summer. I like Aspen Glad and Allie's Way. In Minturn I like Martin Trail: Proceed 3 miles through Minturn of US HWY. 24 south to trailhead on the right (behind blue house). It looks like you are parking in their back yard.

Vail too has nice hiking that you can access from the lift. In Eagle Vail there is a very nice hike at the top, past the golf/swim club. Lots of locals and dogs off leash.

4. Re: July Hike Suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 05, 2015