We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

free gondola hours?

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
south
Level Contributor
112 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
free gondola hours?

I read an old post that said the gondola is free during certain hours. Does anyone know which gondola, and what hours? We have one in our group that doesn't ski, and it would be great if he could meet us for lunch/dinner on the mountain. Also, our first day there, we aren't skiing, and it might be fun to go up and check things out. Thanks for your help!

Aspen, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,175 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: free gondola hours?

I believe you can take the gondola up after 2 pm at no cost. Before that there is a charge. How much I do not know.

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
16,874 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: free gondola hours?

I think it's 2-3:30 pm now and then runs up to around 9 pm after middle of December. Foot traffic only, no skis.

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
3,491 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: free gondola hours?

Their website tab "Terrain & Lift Status" says:

"Gondola One out of Vail Village will be open for free scenic rides for foot passengers only, starting Weds 11/21 from 9am - 3:30pm. The 10th and Mid Vail will be open for lunch."

It may change after early season.

Bye,

SeaBass

4. Re: free gondola hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, December 16, 2013