We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anniversary & Christmas in Vail

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
Anniversary & Christmas in Vail

Hello, my husband and I are going to Vail December 23-Dec 26th for xmas and to celebrate our 2nd year anniversary. We are staying at the lodge at vail. I wanted to ask for help :

1. sample itinarary that you can suggest in this period of time. We are first time skiers so we want to learn how to ski and also snow mobiling, we also wanted to see what xmas events they have there.

2. I am also looking for a nice candle light dinner restaurant that we can have a romantic dinner (Italian food preferred)

3. Transportation from Eagle Airport to Vail Lodge hotel, what is the best cost effective way?

Thanks for your time

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,595 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anniversary & Christmas in Vail

Congrats on your 2nd year!

1. Are you arriving on Dec 23 and departing Dec 26? If so, you have only 2 full days. If you want to ski, then I would take two 1/2 day lessons in the morning and then have time to ski in the afternoon. Maybe a snowmobile tour on the last day before you leave.

2. Check reviews of Italian places in Vail tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g33676-Vail_Colo… And check this link for romantic restaurants of all styles. tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g33676-Vail_Colo…

3. From Eagle Airport to Vail either taxi, shuttle, limo or bus.

flyvail.com/html/…ground-transportation.html

www.eaglecounty.us/default.aspx

www.coloradomountainexpress.com/

www.hmtaxi.com/

Wash. DC
Level Contributor
67 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anniversary & Christmas in Vail

If you want to try and squeeze in the snowmobile tour, Nova Guides runs great 1/2 day tours. However, that will take up a full ski day. If you are true first timers, it can take a few days of skiing all day to really start to enjoy the sport. I agree with Casa above, I would just ski and leave the snowmobile tour for next time.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
49 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anniversary & Christmas in Vail

Thanks for the wonderful info I appreciate it :)

4. Re: Anniversary & Christmas in Vail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, November 24, 2012