We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining and Drinking ideas for Vail?

Which Vail hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
85 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Dining and Drinking ideas for Vail?

My husband and I will be in Vail next week 9-3 and would like some suggestions on where to eat and drink in Vail or nearby. Not looking for 5 star but not interested in no stars either!

NY
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining and Drinking ideas for Vail?

If you have a car, drive 10 minutes west to the small mining town of Minturn and go to The Saloon for Tex/Mex. It's a real local's haunt and the margaritas are very strong - especially at altitude! (You should have a designated driver the trip home.)

In Vail Village, I like Blu's and Sweet Basil's a lot. Sweet Basil's is slightly more upscale than Blu's, but it's not off the charts. The Ore House is also good.

But my FAVORITE is Pepi's. I hope you're not vegetarian, because it has some great game, especially the elk. The owner is an old Austrian ski racer/Olympian. It's in the heart of Vail Village, on Bridge Street. If you hear accordion music, it's probably coming from there. Enjoy!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining and Drinking ideas for Vail?

We were just in Vail over Thanksgiving and ate at La Tour and Ore House. The former was outstanding and worth every penny, while the latter was terrible. Service, food, wine selection and atmosphere make La Tour an outstanding choice. We will be back! Ore House was such a disappointment -- the server rushed us through every aspect of the meal, the food was less than average and poorly presented (ahi tuna was completely without any flavor at all) and the prices were high ($25+ for all entrees) for what we received.

Enjoy Vail and all it has to offer.