We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon at Tellurie

Chihuahua, Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Honeymoon at Tellurie

I´m going for my honeymoon on Oct 15-21 and I would like to know any advise or tips regarding restaurants or activities... thanks for your heeelp!! :D

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,907 posts
428 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon at Tellurie

Hopefully you'll still have a bit of fall color. We like Cosmopolitan (continental menu) and Rustico (Italian). Great town.

Mentioned in this post
Cosmopolitan
Cosmopolitan
517 Reviews
Telluride, CO
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,509 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon at Tellurie

The museum is a great small museum that has the history of the area from before the white man to the mining days to the present. Only takes a couple of hours, but is very informative. How about horseback riding in the mountains? It is a beautiful way to see things. There are many great hikes in the area, some leave right from town. Bear Creek trail leaves from the town park and is not overly challenging.

Be sure and ride the free gondola up to Mountain Village, gorgeous views from the gondola. You could schedule a jeep tour into the mountains~ relax and watch the view, let someone else worry about the driving.

www.ridewithroudy.com

www.telluridemuseum.org

If you are looking for casual, but very good food (pizza, sandwiches, etc) The Brown Dog is very good. The best upscale (expensive) restaurant for an excellent dinner out is 221 South Oak. I also like Telluride Bistro quite a bit. (not super expensive) Flora Dora is pretty good. Maggie's has a good breakfast. Be sure to try Baked in Telluride ~ great baked goods (cookies, pastries, etc) also serves pizza and sandwiches, some great breakfast items.

Mentioned in this post
Telluride Bistro
Telluride Bistro
187 Reviews
Telluride, CO
Chihuahua, Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon at Tellurie

Thanks for the tips :D!!

jjo
Chicago
Level Contributor
499 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon at Tellurie

No great tips to offer, but we honeymooned in Telluride in January of 1985. It was the perfect romantic spot, in our book. Just this past October, we spent a couple of nights there (first time back) as part of a four corners area trip. It was just as romantic. We saw the B&B we stayed in on the honeymoon, although it's now a private house. Our budget was a bit more generous this time around!

Only things I'd recommend are the two hikes you can do right from town, Jed Wiebe and Bear Creek Falls. Both are short (couple of hours taking your time), but very beautiful.

Mentioned in this post
Bear Creek Falls
Bear Creek Falls
331 Reviews
Telluride, CO
Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,509 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon at Tellurie

I also, got married in Telluride and honeymooned there.(1994) The B&B we stayed in is now some corporate retreat or something.

Telluride, CO
Level Contributor
83 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon at Tellurie

You are in the heart of off season. One of the most cherished times for this little tourist town. Your best bet to find what is going on is to grab the local paper the Daily Planet. This will tell you which restaurants and bars are open, what their specials are and what is going on in town. Honga's Lotus Petal will be having great off season specials, they serve a nice pan Asian spread with fresh sushi. Most of the restaurants shut down during this time, we are all praying for snow! Ride with Roudy is horseback riding he does a great job, I would call to see if he still is running trips.

Telluride is amazing, you are going to have a very memorable honeymoon!

7. Re: Honeymoon at Tellurie

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 29, 2014