We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer Vacation near Telluride?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
1 post
60 reviews
Save Topic
Summer Vacation near Telluride?

My husband and I are planning a vacation in the Telluride area next summer. We are looking for a cabin in the woods, away from town, somewhat secluded. We would love to have a river or stream nearby and nice views. We want it to be a full cabin with kitchen, living area, a bathroom and bedroom with queen or king bed. It doesn't have to be luxury, but we don't want "rustic." It can be an individual home for rent, or a group of cabins for rent with an inn-keeper. We have had no luck finding such a place near Telluride. Does anyone know of anything?

Vail, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Vail
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer Vacation near Telluride?

Have you tried VRBO.com for the Telluride area, they seem to have quite a few listings.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,221 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer Vacation near Telluride?

There are no groups of rental cabins, but I too would suggest checking on VRBO.com to see what you can find.

If you are not familiar with it - it is vacation rentals by owner. You are renting directly from the owner, no middle man. Be sure to see pictures of the property, since decor, upkeep, etc are at the discretion of the owner.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,312 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer Vacation near Telluride?

You might find a cabin near Rico or Dolores, possibly Placerville. Circle K Guest Ranch has individual cabins and is right on the river. It isn't in a town but isn't really secluded, as the highway is nearby, but I don't think you'd hear traffic because of the river. ckranch.com/lodging.htm#dolorescabinrentals

Most of the individual homes/freestanding cabins in and right around Telluride are going to be larger and more in the luxury category because of the land values, zoning, & proximity to the ski resort. But you certainly might find something on VRBO or with one of the lodging/reservation services in Telluride.

http://www.vrbo.com/123034

www.vacationtelluride.com/index.cfm…

Edited: 11:00 am, August 25, 2011
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,312 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer Vacation near Telluride?

http://www.vrbo.com/123512

5. Re: Summer Vacation near Telluride?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 pm, October 16, 2012