We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

These companies: Vacation Roost; Mountain Reservations Vacat

Which Telluride hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
These companies: Vacation Roost; Mountain Reservations Vacat

I wanted to warn those dealing with these companies. If you are planning to vacation in Telluride, and I would suggest any place in Colorado--BEWARE! This company will screw you up! Refer to my post of August 2010, describing our nightmare of a situation with them. I am copying that post here for your benefit:

Aug 08, 2010, 3:58 PM

Several of the bloggers have asked about vacationroost.com and I have yet to see a reply. One blogger correctly stated that they are a wholesaler of properties for rent, much like expedia. I had a TERRIBLE experience with them last February (2010). The day before our family left South Carolina for our week-long ski trip in Telluride, we found out that our slopeside condo had been rented to someone else. We had confirmed our reservations and paid our money to vacationroost (also Mountain Reservation Vacations, as I understand the setup) six months earlier and had written confirmation. After many phone calls and anxiety, they arranged for us to have a house that they said was a 5 minute walk to the slopes and was an " upgrade" from our accomodations. OMG! We were on the golf course! On the side of a cliff! and could barely arrange to get Dial-a-Ride to get us because we were so remote. We couldn't even get a pizza delivered from the village core. The odd thing is that the renters moved out of our original condo the day after we arrived and it remained vacant the whole week. They apparently were not going to the trouble of moving us after we arrived. Our friends who came with us that week stayed in the condo next to the empty one we had rented and so we were also separated from them. We had to rent lockers in the core for our equipment. I tried to convey to VR about the situation but they were in Salt Lake City, Ut. It was obvious that they were not familiar with the area and we were stuck!! Maybe this company knows a lot about properties in Park City but I would sure avoid them like the plague for anything else, especially Telluride.

1. Re: These companies: Vacation Roost; Mountain Reservations Vacat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 27, 2011