We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap Vacation Rental Homes in Telluride?

New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap Vacation Rental Homes in Telluride?

I am getting married in August in Telluride and I am trying to find some good resources for large families looking to rent a 2-3 bedroom home for the long weekend. I am aware of the hotel options, but I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction when looking for small homes to rent for larger families. Thank you!

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
11,077 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap Vacation Rental Homes in Telluride?

Cheap and Telluride are not 2 words that usually go together.

I would suggest looking at www.vrbo.com (vacation rentals by owner)

It is a listing of people who rent their own property. Often you deal directly with the owner, sometimes they have an agent to handle the property. It will list properties, how many bedrooms, etc. You can plug in the dates that you are interested in and search that way. Telluride and Mountain Village are listed separately.

When you get to the site, click on Colorado on the map and then you can select a town. I looked at a few 3 bedrooms and most were at least $300 per night, some are MUCH more. Depends on location, etc.

Good luck.

Edited: 3:38 pm, February 24, 2010
Colorado
Level Contributor
405 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap Vacation Rental Homes in Telluride?

Agreed on the cheap and Telluride reference. It is all relative though. If VRBO doens't work, Alpine lodging has a ton of homes and 3 bedroom condos as well.

Telluride...
Destination Expert
for Telluride
Level Contributor
410 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap Vacation Rental Homes in Telluride?

CHEAP?! In Telluride??!!

kansas city
Level Contributor
33 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap Vacation Rental Homes in Telluride?

cheap is relative...compared to Vail and Aspen, Telluride really is cheap, as long as you avoid the festival weekends. VRBO and Accommodations in Telluride have always provided us options which are about 1/2 the price as lesser properties in Vail/Beaver Creek. Also, i would highly recommend the town for its charm and unique properties, vs mountain village, especially in the summer.

5. Re: Cheap Vacation Rental Homes in Telluride?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, September 22, 2010