We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving to Telluride in early April

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
51 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Driving to Telluride in early April

Do you think I would have a problem driving a non-SUV to Telluride (from Phoenix) in early April?

I flew there the first week of January and I definitely wouldn't want to have driven my car up there at that time.

What the average weather (snowfall) like that time of year (probably second week of April)?

Mentioned in this post
Phoenix
Phoenix
Central Arizona, AZ
Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
Level Contributor
5,467 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving to Telluride in early April

Hard to say as March is our snowiest month and April gets snow as well. So, the weather could be great or not but anytime you go to Telluride (or any other mountain community in Colorado) it's a gamble. Most likely you'll be fine as long as the vehicle has at least front wheel drive and good tires.

Mentioned in this post
Colorado
Colorado
United States
WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,956 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving to Telluride in early April

Usually the daytime temperatures are high enough in April (40s to mid 50s) that highways and main roads are pretty good. I agree with previous post.

Telluride...
Destination Expert
for Telluride
Level Contributor
443 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving to Telluride in early April

You could ride a motorcycle here in April.

4. Re: Driving to Telluride in early April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, October 17, 2009