We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer Telluride

texas
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
First timer Telluride

I am planning a ski trip and we want to explore Telluride. We will have our daughter who is 10yr. old

and has never skied. Advice on slopes for her and also accommodations. Ski in Ski out? Hotels and any other advice for us to plan.

Thanks,

Lele

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
47 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer Telluride

My 9 yr old niece and I flew up to Telluride in early January. Neither of us had ever skied before, so like you, I was a little concerned. I would say after 1-2 hrs practice on the Magic Carpet (with my older sister who is a Telluride resident), we were both steady enough to ski down the Meadows a couple times. By the end of that first day, we had taken lift 10 and 11 all the way up the mountain, and we made it all the way back down in one piece.

If we were there for a longer stay, or if we weren't there with an experienced skier, we probably would've opted for a lesson.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,212 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer Telluride

Would definitely recommend a group lesson for your daughter. Then ask the instructor's advice on where to proceed after that.

Don't forget the sunscreen!

3. Re: First timer Telluride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, October 18, 2009