We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Telemark skiing in Telluride for kids

Which Telluride hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Telemark skiing in Telluride for kids

Does anyone know if they do telemark skiing lessons in Telluride and rent the equipment for it? Have 16, 12 and 9 yr olds that are keen to try.

Colorado Western...
Destination Expert
for Ouray, Outdoors / Adventure Travel, Montrose
Level Contributor
642 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Telemark skiing in Telluride for kids

Yes, you can rent the equipment and take lessons. Just google "telluride telemark lessons" to find some organizations which offer this.

e.g. one result was:

www.skisnowboard.com/telluride/lessons.html

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,025 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Telemark skiing in Telluride for kids

I looked at the ski resort website and it doesn't show telemark lessons specifically for kids but is listed under private lessons. Email frumford@tellurideskiresort.com for info

There is a Nordic Center in Town Park. Website says lessons are given upon request daily. telluridetrails.org

Montrose, Colorado
Level Contributor
587 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Telemark skiing in Telluride for kids

I believe the Nordic Center only does Cross Country skiing.

But The Telluride Ski school website says that telemark lessons are offered through the private lesson program.

Rentals are available at a lot of places probably, but definitely here:

https:/…telluride_winter_rentals.html

which is just where I happened to look. I don't know how small their telemark boots & skis are sized, you probably need to call them directly.

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,025 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Telemark skiing in Telluride for kids

I was thinking someone at the Nordic Center might also teach telemark or know of someone, so you might check the website and contact them.

Paragon Ski and Sport (paragontelluride.com) also comes up as renting telemark equipment so they might know who offers lessons.

5. Re: Telemark skiing in Telluride for kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, October 17, 2009