We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luxurious lodging in MV or town?

kpf
usa
Level Contributor
313 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Luxurious lodging in MV or town?

My husband and I are thinking about Telluride the end of Jan. We love to ski, go out for a nice dinner and go home to a very nice room. Too tired for partying. A friend said that the town is much better- does anyone know of a really nice hotel there? In MV is there one place that is much better than the others? Don't get away much without the kids so we like it to be good! Thanks for any help>

Montrose, Colorado
Level Contributor
606 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luxurious lodging in MV or town?

I like the New Sheridan Hotel because I prefer the town of Telluride to Mountain Village. I think it is more charming and has a greater selection of stores and restaurants. Of course, they are both only a 20 minute gondola ride apart from one another.

The New Sheridan was just reopened after a big remodel. It's historic, but nice. That means that the rooms are smaller than a larger, newer resort. All the rooms now have a private bathroom (there used to be rooms that shared a common 'club-style' bathroom). The location cannot be beat. It's right in the center of town with a fantastic Chop House restaurant and a bar.

They have a web site and some good deals. If I were making reservations for you, that would be my pick. Of course, there are a lot of other choices too. Lumiere is a new hotel in MV.

Mentioned in this post
kpf
usa
Level Contributor
313 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luxurious lodging in MV or town?

Thanks, I will check out the web site.

3. Re: Luxurious lodging in MV or town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 10, 2009