We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotel with beautiful scenery in Telluride

Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Looking for hotel with beautiful scenery in Telluride

Hi,

Im not really one to ski, Im looking for the nice ski lodge experience. One to wake up with a beautiful view and sip on hot cocoa. Nice free breakfast would be good ;).

Any places recommended?

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
6,605 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for hotel with beautiful scenery in Telluride

Did you check out the reviews that TripAdvisor has for the hotels? There aren't many in Telluride, it's a small town and the prices can be steep at times.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for hotel with beautiful scenery in Telluride

Telluride is one of the most beautiful ski areas in the country. The Peaks hotel is well situated.

Not sure what you are looking for though, it's peak ski season and prices are top of line.

Another option is to fly into reno and do lake tahoe which is gorgeous. Places to stay on the lake and at various ski areas. Top views.

Both are all day trips to/from florida with no direct flights.

regards.

Telluride...
Destination Expert
for Telluride
Level Contributor
420 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for hotel with beautiful scenery in Telluride

If you want a beautiful mtn. town WITHOUT the expense of a ski area, stay in Ouray. It is just like Telluride (maybe even more charming) without the ski resort chaos.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for hotel with beautiful scenery in Telluride

I've been looking for the same thing.......I think some of the rooms at the Hotel Telluride have a great view and from what I can tell, Camel's Garden and Ice House may have some good views as well. I was going to stay at the Peaks but it has gotten so many negative reviews here and they are changing ownership in May. I'm going in June and I doubt they will have fixed their problems by then.

Telluride...
Destination Expert
for Telluride
Level Contributor
420 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for hotel with beautiful scenery in Telluride

The Peaks Hotel is under construction. It is a massive fixer-upper for the new owners! Oh yeah, there was a huge stinky diesel gas spill behind the Hotel (near the swimming pool/golf course) that is currently getting cleaned up by a haz-mat crew, and should take another month before it's . Good luck!

6. Re: Looking for hotel with beautiful scenery in Telluride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, September 25, 2009