We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Running/Jogging

Austin, Tx
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Running/Jogging

We will be spending a month in Telluride this summer and wanted to find out if there are any good running trails around town? I am somewhat familiar with the river trail, but this seems like it might get crowded for running. Also, does anyone know if the high school has a track for doing circuit training and if it is open to the public?

Colorado
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Running/Jogging

You have several options from Town: The river trail runs through Town and east of Town (recently expanded out to the Idarado area) and west of town (now all the way to society turn (3 miles one way). The only some what croded area is the section right through town. It is probably your best option. Option 2 is the bike path along the highway. It does have bikers, but I have never had a problem with it. It is also 3 miles one way. There is also the option of running more hill climbing type terrain such as the Jud Webie (sp?) or bear creek tails.

The school does not have a track and there isn't one in the area as far as I know.

Hope this helps.

Austin, Tx
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Running/Jogging

Thanks for the info. We arrived in Telluride on Saturday and explored the River Trail. My son tried out the bike path. Both look workable. And we think the crushed granite paths around the baseball and soccer fields at the park will work nicely for 400m and 800m interval training at least approximately.

3. Re: Running/Jogging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 pm, September 02, 2009