We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Steamboat Springs with large family group?

Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Steamboat Springs with large family group?

I wonder if anoyone out there can help me on this one? I am responsible for organising a skiing holiday for our family next January. We are coming from the UK and we would like to ski in Steamboat Springs.

None of us have ever been there so it is difficult to get the right picture on the internet.

We think we would like to be close to the village center (is this a good idea?), and close to chairlifts etc - we dont want to have to get a shuttle or a car to go skiing.

We need a chalet or a house that will fit around 8 adults and 8 children (give or take) a few. Probably around 6 bedrooms would be good. We expect to pay good rates and would like something fabulous!

Any ideas or comments are welcome. Thanks so much!

Bend, Oregon
Level Contributor
653 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Steamboat Springs with large family group?

You should be able to find a place on Vacation Rentals By Owner - there are several options:

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…steamboat-springs

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Steamboat Springs with large family group?

I just returned from Steamboat last week. I was also confused about how close I would be to the slopes. Have no fear. Your best bet is to get into a place that has it's own on-call shuttle. We (10 people) stayed at a place I found through www.condosinsteamboat.com. I don't know that Kim or Dan has anything that would be large enough, but she will work with you and make your trip totally awesome. Give it a try and enjoy Steamboat. It's really fantastic and I will go back for sure.

brisbane
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Steamboat Springs with large family group?

Hi lou7. Am also from Australia and spent 2 weeks in Steamboat in December.

We rented from condosinsteambooat, and like the last post mentioned, Kim and Dan were great. Nothing was too much trouble.

I had no idea what to expect, and the layout at Steamboat was nothing like I thought.

The mountain village centre is not that big. Most of the activity is downtown for which you need to catch the shuttle or drive. We had hired a car which was very useful.

It is very hard to picture the place until you actually get there. To be honest, initially i was disapointed because it didn't have that quaint villagy feel, but by the end of our stay, I loved the place.

I think its the people!

Enjoy!

California
Level Contributor
2 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Steamboat Springs with large family group?

Check out www.movingmountains.com. We have a great selection of luxury homes. Locations range from ski-in/ski-out to close to ski trails in the mountain area.

We have several homes for a group of 16 and each offers an array of first class amenities.

Also offered is an optional full-service catered package so you can enjoy a vacation with all the frills and none of the hassles!

Palm Beach,Florida
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Steamboat Springs with large family group?

Try Grandview Villa. Its big, its owned by a Bermudian, and has bus and private shuttle. Its known to have good value.

grandviewvilla.com

vrbo # 59726

6. Re: Where to stay in Steamboat Springs with large family group?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, August 26, 2009