We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to stay in Steamboat

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
114 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
place to stay in Steamboat

My family is looking for a 3br condo to stay in when we go skiing in late Feb. /early March. We want somewhere nice and clean, close to slopes(walking distance), but does not have to be super luxurious and super expensive. We will have 3 small children with us and my Mom. My Mom and our youngest will more than likely not be skiing, so we need to be around some action! Any suggestions? What about Canyon Creek and Eagle Ridge?? Also, when is the best time to go? We were thinking late Feb. or first week of March.

Houston
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: place to stay in Steamboat

I"m not sure if they have 3BR condos, but we love The Lodge - we've gotten 2BR condos there for years - its within walking distance (2-3 vblocks) of the lifts, but they also have a very convenient shuttle. And there's a small grocery store about a block away which makes it very convenient. Their units have been consistently well maintained and nicely furnished.

PV, KS
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: place to stay in Steamboat

I am looking for The Lodge on vrbo.com and don't see it. Is there another name? Western Lodge, Eagle Ridge Lodge?

Thanks!

WI
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: place to stay in Steamboat

We have stayed at the West Condos which are right across the street from the ski resort. (walking distance) You can also store your skis at the base in a sports store for free. The condos were very nice, but not luxurious and very reasonably priced. We have stayed there a ocuple of times and that is where we will stay for any future trips.

Both times we were out there was late February and the skiing was great.

The website is www.westcondos.com

1-800-521-4013

This year we are heading for Vail. We are actually on our way now.

Hope this helps

UK
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: place to stay in Steamboat

No, "The Lodge" is "The Lodge"... The Western Lodge and Eagleridge Lodge are too completely different condo complexes... Eagleridge Lodge is very nice though...

Seems like "The Lodge" just doesn't have any listings on VRBO. Here is a link to "The Lodge" with Steamboat Resorts (steamboatresorts.com/lodging/lodging.lodgeat…). Don't know anything about the property personally.

PV, KS
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: place to stay in Steamboat

Does anyone know anything about Storm Meadows or Sunrise condos?

UK
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: place to stay in Steamboat

I know about Storm Meadows but haven't heard of Sunrise.

Storm Meadows consists of:

Storm Meadows at Christie Base (East, Bldg 1 & 2 I think) - these are ski in/walk out and a short walk from Ski Time Square. They have limted amenities - I think just a hot tub and shuttle. Buildings are 1970's and all units are privately owned so you'll be more certain of what your getting if you book through VRBO or the like.

Then there is Storm Meadows Club Condos - slightly further up the mountain. Again built in the 1970s the 3 blocks (A, B & C) command great views over the ski mountain and base area (if you get an end unit or a unit on the East Side), again all privately owned so renting through VRBO will ensure you know what you're getting. Centred around a spa complex you have a pool, hot tub, sauna and gym to use. Most units are 1 & 2 bed, but I think there may be some 3 beds. A Shuttle runs every 20 mins to the ski base area which is only a couple of mins away.

Scattered amongst the Storm Meadows Club Condos are Storm Meadows Spa Condos and The Trails. More luxurious and larger units again with the same ski access and facilties as The Club Condos. Although I think they have private hot tubs too.

And with the best ski in access are some of the Storm Meadows Town Homes where you can literally ski to your front deck off 'Right of Way' - (I think). Again all privately owned so would be good to check VRBO. They share the spa and shuttle facilities with Club, Spa and Trails.

Storm Meadows offers affordability, facilities and also being on the mountain you have great views and ski in/out access. Its just slightly set back from Ski Time Square so you can enjoy some quiet time or take the shuttle and join in the fun.

7. Re: place to stay in Steamboat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 20, 2009