We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kid friendly condo, ski inski out, heated indoor/outdoorpool

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Topic
kid friendly condo, ski inski out, heated indoor/outdoorpool

Our kids are 2, 5, and 7. We're coming to Steamboat the first week of April. I'm considering Torian Plum Plaza or Creekside, but open to other suggestions. Any recommendations for specific unit #s or condo properties? Would like a view of the ski resort. Any other kid friendly amenities would be nice to know! Thanks.

Ski Country...
Level Contributor
63 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kid friendly condo, ski inski out, heated indoor/outdoorpool

The Creekside building is newer, and views are generally better than Torian. There is a small pool, but the location can't be beat.

Ski in/out gets a little thin in April, so although I really like the Storm Mountain properties for their amenities, I wouldn't book those as the ski trails are usually melted out that time of year.

The Lodge is about a half-block away from the resort and has a large pool and always lots of kids. Also the West is just across the street from the resort and has a nice pool facility.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
943 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kid friendly condo, ski inski out, heated indoor/outdoorpool

April ski in/out can be waterski or mudski in the Afternoon so I would expand your options. ;)

The base area can get pretty slushy so I typically ride the Gondy down. If you do that, ski in/out is not really a must have anyway.

Cheers

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
73 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kid friendly condo, ski inski out, heated indoor/outdoorpool

We stay at Scandanavian Lodge which is higher up and offers a shuttle to ThunderHead Express lift so you don't have to deal with the base area. The condo is the last shuttle stop before the lift in the am and the first one off in the pm which makes it great. Indoor/outdoor pool. Not tremendous views but we're there for skiing and love the convenience of the alternate lift.

Also like Storm Club - nice pool and a lot of the units have good views

Watkinsville...
Level Contributor
94 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kid friendly condo, ski inski out, heated indoor/outdoorpool

What about the Terraces at Eagles ridge? We are hoping for an easy place to sit and watch or at least a place to take a couple of us go back easily.

Steamboat Springs...
Level Contributor
2,869 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kid friendly condo, ski inski out, heated indoor/outdoorpool

Terraces are nice units and have excellent shuttle service, but... they are not slopeside and really have no upclose views of the area.

Antlers, Christy Club, Creekside or Sheraton have pools and an up close view of the action on lower mt. Everyone seems to think it will melt like last year. Doesn't look like it. So far the base on lower mt is holding strong and new snow storms are keeping the ski in and out going strong. A much different snow season than last years big melt.

6. Re: kid friendly condo, ski inski out, heated indoor/outdoorpool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 22, 2014