We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fall Colors in Steamboat

Boulder, Colorado
8 posts
Save Topic
Fall Colors in Steamboat

I am toying with the idea of going to Steamboat next Saturday, the 24th to see fall colors. My plans were to go to Rocky Mountain National Park, but the trees have not turned yet.

Have the trees in Steamboat turned yet?

Thanks

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
10,599 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fall Colors in Steamboat

Hopefully our Steamboat residents/visitors will let you know the status.

From these webcams it doesn't look like they have yet: steamboat.com/mountain-cam/rendezvous.aspx…

www.dickgilbert.com/colocam-steamboat6.htm

Level Contributor
137 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fall Colors in Steamboat

The trees are definitely turning here and who knows how quickly it will all happen. There has been lots of rain in the last week and it has been very chilly in the morning and at night - which should all make the perfect conditions for spectacular fall foliage!

I predict that most of the state will peak at the end of September - but you will definitely experience some colors this weekend. I actually like this time when you get the mix of greens, reds and golds.

The Steamboat Gondola will be still be running on the weekend next weekend. I love taking the Gondola up at this time of year and riding the Sunshine loop. There is a huge patch of Aspen trees that are strikingly beautiful around this time of year.

Spring Creek is another great trail to hike or bike to see some fall foliage in Steamboat.

Plus, there are tons of restaurant and bar deals as we morph into 'mud season.' Stay Sunday night and catch Cafe Diva's date night! Not to be missed!!

Cheers, Katy

ResortQuest Steamboat

Or hike up for brunch (or hike down from brunch) on Sunday.

3. Re: Fall Colors in Steamboat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 am, October 23, 2012