We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

romantic place for our anniversary?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
romantic place for our anniversary?

Hi everybody - my husband and I are spending our first anniversary in Steamboat Springs this August. I am feeling overwhelmed with options there and wondering if there is a hotel/spa/b&b kind of place that would be recommended to go and have a luxurious time for our anniversary! Steamboat is such a great ski place, it's hard to tell what would be really special in terms of luxury accommodations, particularly in the summer.

Also as long as I am asking, any recommendations for a romantic dinner?

Thanks so much!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Steamboat Springs
Level Contributor
518 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: romantic place for our anniversary?

For dinner, I would go to Cafe Diva. IMO the best place in town! For lodging, you could look at the Steamboat Grand - they have rooms with jacuzzi tubs or the Sheraton for full service hotel options.. Or you could look at something brand new like the Edgemont. There is only one B&B in town, the Mariposa, which I don't really know much about but it is downtown and walking distance to downtown shops and restaurants..

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
18,595 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: romantic place for our anniversary?

Definitely Cafe Diva for dinner. As noted, the Steamboat Grand is very nice and where we've been staying on winter trips. The only downside is that, as you probably know, the resort is a bit aways from town. And I think in summertime it might be nicer to be able to walk around town. Up to you. I don't have a hotel to recommend downtown, though.

Have fun, great place to spend time.

Level Contributor
137 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: romantic place for our anniversary?

Here is a 3rd vote for Cafe Diva. I would also recommend Bistro CV in downtown Steamboat. Saketumi Sushi & Truffle Pig are 2 good restaurants on the mountain.

Another property you could consider would be a 1 bedroom at Emerald Lodge at Trappeur's Crossing Resort (5113, to be precise). These are stunning 'Platinum' rated condos and they have a private hot tub in a private courtyard, which also has an outdoor fireplace. Very romantic. The pool at Emerald is behind the lodge and is very private to just Emerald Lodge. Anyone can access it, but most guests don't know it is there (there are 4 pools at the resort).

If you want a cheaper option, then Timberline Lodge at Trappeur's Crossing has one bedroom condos.

Trappeur's Crossing Resort has a Day Spa on site, and this summer has yoga classes, and Wine & Cheese Welcome Receptions on Fridays.

There are very few lodging options downtown and it's easy to ride your bike, or catch the bus between downtown and the mountain. If you do want to be downtown, Hotel Bristol is a nice small hotel.

I'm not sure when you are coming in August, but check-out a few great events: The Steamboat Wine Festival (late July), All Arts Festival (Aug 18-21), and the USA Pro Cycling Challenge which comes to Steamboat on August 26-27. Here is a calendar of some events in August - steamboatprocycling.com/calendar-of-events/ or keep an eye on the Chamber's website: http://www.steamboat-chamber.com/calendar.month.asp?eventcalendargroup=Events+Calendar

Cheers, Katy

ResortQuest Steamboat

4. Re: romantic place for our anniversary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, May 28, 2012