We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ski in ski out

Which Steamboat Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Knoxville, Tn
Level Contributor
6 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
ski in ski out

How important is "ski in/ski out" at steamboat? I have never been there before but I am researching and researching places to stay.

I need a 4 bdrm for 2 kids and

2 teens(dating so seperate rooms) and parents.

We need an easy but nice place to stay in January. Not the Torian Plum...I think it is too pricey for what you get from what I have seen online.

Thanks to anyone for some good reviews.

I have looked at Eagle Ridge Lodge, Canyon Creek...is that the same thing?

Cross Timbers and Waterstone Townhouses.

I know none of these are ski in ski out but are they located kinda close?

Black diamonds to ya!

UK
Level Contributor
1,271 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ski in ski out

Depends on what you want really... I love ski-in/ski out because it makes life so easy - trudge out in the morning straight into your skis, gives you the option of returning for lunch or a break, fall out of your skis and back into your condo when you have finished skiing. No waiting around for shuttles - really easy.

Saying that, ski-in/ski-out is not the be all and end all. Steamboat has a great free shuttle/bus service and most condos have their own private shuttles too.

Canyon Creek is not the same as Eagleridge Lodge. I have had a good look around both - inside and out (although stayed at neither) and would choose Eagleridge Lodge (and/or the Eagleridge Lodge Townhomes) way above Canyon Creek - Eagleridge is MUCH nicer. If you don't go for ski-in/ski-out, then Eagleridge is a good choice.

I don't know about Cross Timbers or Waterstone Townhomes. But one ski-in/ski-ut place worth considering is Bear Claw (http://bear-claw.com/) - cosy condos (they do 3 and 4 bedroom condos), great service, pool and hot tubs, lounge, very good private shuttle and GREAT ski-in/ski-out location. We are staying there (3rd year in a row) this season again. It also tends to be reasonablely well priced (for ski-in/ski-out too).

Although if I was looking for a ski-in/ski-out 4 bedroom, I would probably go for The Antlers - steamboatresorts.com/lodging/lodging.antlers… Fantastic condos - if within your budget...

Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: ski in ski out

We stayed at Cross Timbers and really liked the floor plan being 3 levels. The shuttle buses are great but will run from 8 to 10am to ski area only, 10 to 2 go on call and go back to the mountain from 2 to 5pm I believe. You can always catch the free bus at the mountain to get downtown when there is no on call. The system is very easy to use. There is no work out room if that makes a difference for you. We're staying at Waterstone this year, wanted to try something different.