We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

construction noise

providence,ri
1 post
Save Topic
construction noise

is it going to be a problem staying in the lower condos(stonebridge, liechenharth) because of the construction that is going on. Is it better to stay up from the mall? Going for new years. Thanks

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: construction noise

It's hard to guarantee, but I think you should be fine. Construction is limited in winter due to the snow, and while those properties are much closer to the construction site, the work they can do will be done during the day when you're out on the mountain or in town.

You can get the latest on construction updates here: aspensnowmass.com/snowmass/construction.cfm and get other FAQ information at: aspensnowmass.com/snowmass/onmountain_improv…

Taipei
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: construction noise

Jennifer74, you seem like you really know Snowmass. We stayed at Squaw last year and had a great view, but it was over the parking lot, which was plowed at 3am every morning. Didn't get a full night's sleep the whole time there.

Any suggestions for locations to combine mountain views, proximity to the Mall for kid's ski school, and QUIET nights for good rest? We're leaning to a condo situation with a kitchen rather than a hotel.

Eegrskeer

Taipei
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: construction noise

Jennifer74, you seem like you really know Snowmass. We stayed at Squaw last year and had a great view, but it was over the parking lot, which was plowed at 3am every morning. Didn't get a full night's sleep the whole time there.

Any suggestions for locations to combine mountain views, proximity to the Mall for kid's ski school, and QUIET nights for good rest? We're leaning to a condo situation with a kitchen rather than a hotel.

Eegrskeer

Taipei
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: construction noise

Eegrskeer

Taipei
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: construction noise

Eegrskeer

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: construction noise

That's funny (sort of)....I believe I must have stayed in the same place as you did in Squaw when I was there last year. I know exactly what you're talking about with the parking lot plowing!

For Snowmass I'd recommend a condo at the Interlude or the Timberline first of all, then Top of the Village as an alternate choice. For all of them, you'll need to book a room on the slope view, ski in/ski out, or "point" side preferably. These will get you the best views and most likely the quietest location.

They won't plow their parking lots on a daily maintenance basis, but if it snows then you have to expect some amount of noise.

Both Interlude and Timberline have about 1/3 to 1/2 the property on the ski run side and both are quite close to ski school. TOV is surrounded by national forest on 3 sides so it has excellent views and a quiet location, but you'd need to use their shuttle to ski school. It's not far at all and you'd be there in a matter of moments, but the hill is steep so you wouldn't want to walk it. You can book all of these properties at the local central reservations service: www.stayaspensnowmass.com.

7. Re: construction noise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, August 23, 2009