We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabloonik Dogsled under investigation for animal abuse

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Fruita, Grand Junction
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
263 reviews
Save Topic
Krabloonik Dogsled under investigation for animal abuse

The 9th Judicial District Attorney's office, the CO state Dept. of Agriculture and two veterinarians were part of an investigation that resulted in seizure of 8 dogs from Krabloonik Dogsled on 12/12/13. The company is being investigated after complaints of animal abuse. According to paperwork, all 250 dogs are not being properly cared for. The company has a series of violations with the CO Dept. of Agriculture pertaining to the Veterinary Care Feed/Watering. imho, I would not want to do business with someone who mistreats their dogs.

www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/160485

Mentioned in this post
Krabloonik
Krabloonik
97 Reviews
Snowmass Village, CO
The Crestwood Condominiums
The Crestwood Condominiums
#1 of 13 hotels in Snowmass Village
Viceroy Snowmass
Viceroy Snowmass
#2 of 13 hotels in Snowmass Village
Pokolodi Lodge
Pokolodi Lodge
#3 of 13 hotels in Snowmass Village
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
57 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Krabloonik Dogsled under investigation for animal abuse

My friend used to be a vet in that valley and fought this operation for years based on their treatment of the dogs. She recently sent me this article as well. Unfortunately a lot of the political people in town that could stop this have just turned a blind eye. I agree with you, I would NEVER support this company.

Edited: 10:10 am, January 09, 2014
Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Krabloonik Dogsled under investigation for animal abuse

There's a lot of things involved in this. But he has been charged with 8 counts of animal cruelty and will be in court this month on those charges. I also could not do business with someone who abuses these wonderful dogs.

Charleston, South...
Destination Expert
for Charleston, South Carolina, Telluride
Level Contributor
12,526 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Krabloonik Dogsled under investigation for animal abuse

Would not do business with anyone that abuses any type of animal. When I did my residency, you are required to do a research project and my director had several suggestions which involved various types of animals (mice, rabbits, etc). Usually, to get the final result, the animal has to be killed. I refused each one that he suggested and finally told him I would refuse every single one that involved an animal, so come up with something else. He was annoyed with me, but came up with an alternative. :-)

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Krabloonik Dogsled under investigation for animal abuse

Good for you. Glad it worked out. :D

Fruita, Colorado
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,025 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Krabloonik Dogsled under investigation for animal abuse

Denver Post reported this morning that "the Snowmass Village Town Council unanimously voted Monday to approve a temporary agreement for the owner . . . to sell the operation." Check out the full story in the aspendailynewsonline - www.aspendailynews.com/section/home/164822

One of the reviews stated that they thought there was an agenda those of us had when we complained about this company - believe me, I have no agenda other than proper treatment of the dogs. When it gets bad enough that the courts get involved in filing charges of abuse, then people need to be aware of that. Hopefully the new owners will make the needed changes and the prior owner will not take up this business somewhere else under a new name/location.

Mentioned in this post
Denver
Denver
Colorado
Bartlett, Tennessee
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Krabloonik Dogsled under investigation for animal abuse

New sled dog owners in Snowmass seek permanent lease

aspentimes.com/news/14474267-113/dogs-krablo…

This company is now owned by different people. Does anyone know if the new owners are more responsible animal owners?

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,176 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Krabloonik Dogsled under investigation for animal abuse

It seems that the new owners worked for the past owners while the abuse was still occurring.

Bartlett, Tennessee
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Krabloonik Dogsled under investigation for animal abuse

Thanks.

9. Re: Krabloonik Dogsled under investigation for animal abuse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 28, 2016