We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting Ski Clothes

Gold Coast
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
Renting Ski Clothes

Wondering what's on offer to rent ski clothing in Snowmass? Most of the rental shop web sites don't offer clothing rental and if they do they warn of limited stock.

If there are shops that provide a good range of rental ski clothing are they so expensive that you may as well buy your own gear for a week of skiing?

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,714 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting Ski Clothes

Many of the locals in my area have raved about the Apsen Thrift stores, let's face it what the billionaires are 'done' with can be pretty fantastic!! I would look into those kind of shops, if you are coming towards the end of the season you should be able to find deals/sales in all of the stores as well. Are you flying in to Denver? If so you coudl stop at the outlets and pick up some stuff. My ultimate recommendation would be to purchase stuff online. Have it shipped to your hotel, whatever doesn't work return, and purchase locally. Put it on consignment at the thrift store when you are done, or donate to Goodwill for a little tax deduction.

Here is a link to my favorite online outlet! They have never disappointed yet!

http://tinyurl.com/5uqkt8

Renting clothing is not popular, so I believe it when they say limited selection. I sweat in my ski clothes, need I say more...

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,070 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting Ski Clothes

re: Aspen thrift stores

I visited one in March near fire station area--can't remember the name and maybe there is only one left-- and yes they had some ski wear for sale but most was the late 70s early 80s retro look and they were pricey. Vintage costs.

Aspen, CO
Level Contributor
980 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting Ski Clothes

Renting clothing is simple. The shops don't do it, but a service called Suit Yourself does. Lorenzo Semple is the owner and he brings a van full of great quality clothing to your hotel room or condo and you can try things on and get fitted on the spot.

The clothing is Boulder Gear and Obermeyer and he has all sizes for children and adults. Email suityourself@sopris.net or call 970-920-0295. Prices run about $100 for 3 day rental including jacket/pants or one piece, hat, gloves/mittens, and goggles.

4. Re: Renting Ski Clothes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, October 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Snowmass