We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake in Silverton mosley

Greenwell Springs...
7 posts
Save Topic
Lake in Silverton mosley

can you make reservatiom . do they have any site left for july. does it have hook ups. can you run your genarater

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,580 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake in Silverton mosley

Not quite sure what you are asking about. There is Molas Lake Campground in Silverton, http://www.molaslake.com/ , is that what you are looking for? There are no hookups there.

If this is not the place you are looking at, please give us more information.

Greenwell Springs...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake in Silverton mosley

Yes, it is molas Lake about 20 minutes before getting into Silverton comeing from the South at molas pass.

Greenwell Springs...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake in Silverton mosley

yes this is the place Iam talking about thanks

Greenwell Springs...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake in Silverton mosley

the Lake is called Molas It is at molas pass.

Greenwell Springs...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake in Silverton mosley

Thinking about staying at the Lake for a week Should we make reservation or do you think we want have a problem getting a camping spot WE are coming the second week in July around the 8th. Thanks Barbara

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,580 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake in Silverton mosley

I would contact them via the link I posted above. I have never stayed there, so can't help on that.

Greenwell Springs...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake in Silverton mosley

why are you calling the Lake Mosley I was told the Lake Iam refuring to is call Lake molas . Which is right on Hwy 550 at Molas Pass RIGHT!

Greenwell Springs...
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake in Silverton mosley

I asked a question that was never ansured do you allow a generder to run in the day at certain time.? Do you have cell--phone access ,wfi,and if not is there someone to take calls of needed. How far is the stander campground to the Lake. Is it easy to get to to go fishing.?

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,580 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lake in Silverton mosley

I'm confused, you are the one that posted the name Mosley in your title?! I posted the link for Molas Lake CG which is about 5 miles south of Silverton on Hwy 550! Is that campground the one you were looking for? There is a small,primitive NFS campground LIttle Molas Lake …usda.gov/Internet/…stelprdb5288114.pdf

WestSlope,CO
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
10,769 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lake in Silverton mosley

Barbara, you haven't gotten an answer to your specific questions because so far no one has read your question who knows the answers. We have no way of knowing whether there are any sites available at the time you want, and yes, you should make a reservation, as most of the sites are for tents or small campers and this is a popular spot. The Town of Silverton operates the campground, and CasaAzul has posted the link with the contact information you'll need.

There is no internet service at the lake, and no hookups. There is water available, and a dump station. I am not sure about cell phone reception. Yes, it is easy to get to the lake for fishing. I don't know about the hours you are allowed to use a generator, but one of the reasons people go to places like this is for the peace and quiet, so I would imagine that your neighbors in the campground would appreciate limiting the generator use even if it is allowed.

If you prefer hookups, wi-fi, and other amenities, consider staying at one of the RV parks in Silverton and using the day-use facilities at Molas Lake.

http://www.aandbrvpark.com/rooms.html

http://www.redmtmotelrvpk.com/rv-park.html

http://www.silversummitrvpark.com/park.htm