We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch in Sliverton

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
268 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Lunch in Sliverton

Could you offer suggestions on the best restaurants in Silverton? We haven't been there in years and I remember there being several places to eat. I appreciate the help.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,097 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch in Sliverton

A few years ago we ate at the Pickle Barrel. Good sandwiches and nice atmosphere.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch in Sliverton

Just got back from Silverton, I'd recommend Handlebars Saloon and restaurant, across the street (Greene aka Main St.) from the Pickle Barrel. Micro brew beer, and buffalo burgers and a killer Chilly cheeses soup!

Inside is very cool and the wait staff is awesome! Have fun in Silverton, oh...and if you get the chance, read up on the history of the town, it's so cool! Gives me shivers to now that I was walking down the street where Doc' Holiday walked, or coughed! Enjoy your stay in Silverton, it's awesome!

Broomfield, Colorado
Level Contributor
109 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch in Sliverton

We ate at Handlebars last summer for lunch. It was crazy busy, but the food was good. Burgers, etc.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunch in Sliverton

I second the Handlebars, try their pork ribs :)

Glenwood Springs...
Level Contributor
473 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lunch in Sliverton

We were in Silverton last weekend and will also vote for Handlebars. My husband is back there this week getting our land surveyed and he just called me from Handlebars, so obviously we enjoyed it. The Brown Bear was also very good. Grumpy's at the Grand Imperial Hotel offers a breakfast buffet on Sunday's, not sure about weekdays. It looked good, but we didn't see it until after we had breakfast elsewhere.

Georgia
Level Contributor
59 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lunch in Sliverton

We were in Silverton on July 4. We selected a place called Hazie J's. It was located on the site of the former Chattahoochee Cafe, which apparently is out of business. I don't see how this place can stay open very long, either. We took the train from Durango, which gave us two hours in Silverton, and we wasted about 45 minutes in this place. The food, when it arrived, was only OK, but appeared to have been dumped on the plate. I would love to write a review of the place, but it's not listed in the Silverton section of Trip Advisor. Just leave it alone-if it's still there. Of course, places that do not depend on repeat business don't need to pay attention to things like service, do they?

Parma, Ohio
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Lunch in Sliverton

We had Pickle Barrel there also and it was nice, food was very good

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
22 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lunch in Sliverton

If you are taking the Durango-Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad trip from Durango, I would really recommend a one way ticket and grabbing the bus back to Durango for something to eat.

We found the food choices in Silverton expensive and not very tasty.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lunch in Sliverton

We ate at Handlebars and it was excellent. It was mid October and somewhat chilly (mid 50s) so we ordered the chicken pot pies. They were hearty and tasty! This may not be an ideal summer choice, but was perfect for October. We were in and out in less than an hour which gave us time to explore the town and climb the hill to the shrine for a great bird's eye view.

10. Re: Lunch in Sliverton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:25 am, October 05, 2009