We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pets and traveling to Salida

Washington
3 posts
Save Topic
pets and traveling to Salida

We want to come to Salida for a few days this fall and want to bring our 2 well behaved dogs, are there places to board them if we are going to shop, etc? any suggestions would be helpful...thanks in Tacoma

Salida, CO
Level Contributor
34 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pets and traveling to Salida

Hello there. I would usually just leave my dogs in the truck, in a kennel cage, but you might want to talk to Wag-n-Tails, a local grooming/boarding business. Their phone# is (719) 539-9246. They're not in Salida, but if you stay in a hotel on Hwy 50 it's just a few miles' drive.

The local humane society is in Buena Vista, but you might also try calling Mountain Shadows, one of the local vet services, for suggestions.

http://www.salidavet.com/

salidachamber.org/bizdirectory/…

Hope this helps,

tom.

Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: pets and traveling to Salida

Thanks Tom, that will help some.

Salida, CO
Level Contributor
34 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pets and traveling to Salida

I forgot to add -- Salida is very pet friendly, and so you might find that you have no need to board your dogs for the duration of your shopping...

Washington
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: pets and traveling to Salida

Thanks...it's sounding better all the time! Nice dog you got there.

5. Re: pets and traveling to Salida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, September 11, 2009