We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Denver or Albuquerque

new jersey
Level Contributor
12 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Denver or Albuquerque

My wife and I are visiting Pagosa Springs in Aug. We have a few extra days and are trying to figure out weather to fly into Denver or Albuquerque to sightsee. Suggestions.............

Park City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah, Winter Sports
Level Contributor
19,949 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Denver or Albuquerque

Somewhat depends on what you want to see. ABQ would give you more access to desert locales while DEN would give you some amazing mountain scenery. I do think that you would have more options and likely quicker, cheaper flights into DEN. Worth checking. You could hit Great Sand Dunes, Colorado Springs/Pike's Peak or, if you have a few days, do a loop up through Durango, Ouray, etc. which gives you quite a few spectacular options, then looping back to Denver on I-70.

Have fun.

Pagosa Springs...
Destination Expert
for Durango, Pagosa Springs
Level Contributor
417 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Denver or Albuquerque

First of all, welcome in advance to Pagosa! Both routes provide great scenery...the drive from Denver will provide great mountain views, the trip from Albuquerque takes you though Santa Fe, Abiquiu / Ghost Ranch (home of Georgia O'Keefe), and / or Taos if interested, offering dramatic desert landscapes to mountain views.

Look at Buena Vista / Mt Princeton as a stop between Denver and Pagosa. Check out Santa Fe or Taos for a detour between Pagosa and Alb.

Either way, you should have as great visit!!

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Colorado
Level Contributor
14,186 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Denver or Albuquerque

I used to have to spend a lot of time in Albuquerque, It is not one of my favorite places. Santa Fe on the other hand is lovely and I'd happily go there, but that is about it. If a few days = 3 days or more I'd go with Denver.

4. Re: Denver or Albuquerque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 06, 2014