We will be in Ouray for 3 nights in mid- August 2011. Our party consists of 2 adults & daughter aged 15.
One of our planned activities is a Guided Jeep Tour but we are having problems deciding which one – they all look good!!
So we’ve a few questions:
1. I love wildflowers but will mid August be a bit too late in the season for Yankee Boy?
Is this tour “rather tame” in comparison to the others?
2. We all love great scenery, wildlife and amateur photography so would Imogene Pass be better (will there be flowers on this route) ?
3. As it’s probably going to be our one & only trip to the area (we are from the UK) would the full day tour give us a better feel for this part of Colorado and a more exciting adventure?
4. Are afternoon thunderstorms a real problem for the full day tours at this time of year?
5. Do we need to book in advance, if so how soon?
Sorry about all these queries – we are really looking forward to our visit and want to make the best use of our limited time.
Any answers will be greatly appreciated…