We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good road bike trails? Not a mountain bike gal!

Which Ouray hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
EskDale, Utah
1 post
Save Topic
Any good road bike trails? Not a mountain bike gal!

My husband and I will be traveling to Ouray in September and we like hiking and road biking. I see alot of mountain bike trails but no road bike trails. (unless I didn't do well at searching). Are all the roads around the area hwy's or are there some pretty scenic dirves we could bike on? Thanks Chandra

Ouray, Colorado
Level Contributor
629 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good road bike trails? Not a mountain bike gal!

In Ridgway, you can get on a paved sidewalk trail north to the Ridgway State Park but most of the other roads are going to be either unpaved or state/US highways... Highway 17 & 23 between Ridgway and Ouray is a dirt road, but, it is very scenic... and doesn't have a ton of traffic... and works well on a hybrid ...

2. Re: Any good road bike trails? Not a mountain bike gal!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 18, 2011