We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In CO for 8 days early September

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
In CO for 8 days early September

Hello Everyone!

We (My husband, toddler and I ) are flying to MTJ on September 1st.

Thinking about heading to Ourey and be there till 5th. thinking about a day trip to telluride from Ourey

Head to Aspen on 5th spend couple days there and on 7th head to denver and spend couple days there with friends, I have been to denver many many times so thats mostly to visit friends/fam.

Fly out of Denver on sunday.

Any suggestions on activities we can do with toddler in Ourey and Aspen. IOs this split good? or should be spend more time in Ourey?

Thank you for your input in advance!

7 replies to this topic
Eagle, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,364 posts
1. Re: In CO for 8 days early September

Ouray has a hot springs pool with a playground in the park right next to it. Great for kids. Aspen has the fountains in downtown that spray from the sidewalk. Good on a warm day for sure. Glenwood Springs on the way to Aspen also has the hot springs pool. Snowmass did have a small mammoth exhibit after they had the big mammoth find there, not sure if it is still there. Kids love riding the free gondola at Telluride.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
2. Re: In CO for 8 days early September

Thank you for your input! :)

Madison, WI
Level Contributor
9,989 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: In CO for 8 days early September

Yeah, that free gondola in Telluride is a great idea with a kid and big kids, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8kp920TKDY

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
4. Re: In CO for 8 days early September

Cool. We will do that :)

Windsor, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Estes Park, Rocky Mountain National Park
Level Contributor
12,967 posts
136 reviews
5. Re: In CO for 8 days early September

Box Canyon Falls Park in Ouray has some very easy trails that would be suitable with a toddler.

https:/…54-box-canyon-waterfall-park

Edited: 7:05 pm, August 04, 2018
Colorado Springs...
Level Contributor
78 posts
63 reviews
6. Re: In CO for 8 days early September

Your toddler will love Ouray! Here are some of our favorites with our toddler:

Hot Sprigs and water slides, adjoining Park with swings, koi and turtle pond (buy fish food inside hot springs and feed them), Mouse’s Choclates and Ice Cream (best in Colorado!), hike up the Baby Baths (easy hike right outside town - neat area to soak your feet in the small creek pools), Box Canyon Falls (short walk and breathtaking views), Bachelor Syracuse Mine Tour (SO COOL and authentic - ride in REAL mine carts ), Ouray Historial Museum (yup, our toddler loves going here to see the basement with a replacated mine and ‘sparkly rocks’ room). Ouray is such a family friendly area! You will NOT want to leave! You may want to think about adding a day if your schedule allows for it (take a day out of Aspen).

Edited: 12:17 am, August 07, 2018
San Jose, California
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
7. Re: In CO for 8 days early September

Thank you so much! :)

Reply to: In CO for 8 days early September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ouray