We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

General Admission Seating at Red Rocks

OK
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Topic
General Admission Seating at Red Rocks

I am looking at tickets to a concert at Red Rocks. I see from the seating chart that there is a section of reserved seats and a section of general admission seating. Obviously, I know what general admission seating means. But, not quite sure how it would work at Red Rocks. How early would you need to get there to secure a reasonable seat? Be in line when the gates open or when? Is it just a mad rush from the gate to secure a seat?

Also, any advice/insight about purchasing tickets when they go on sale? I've seen sites where you queued up ahead of time before the actual sale started. So, if you didn't login early you were behind the game already.

Tickets aren't on officially on sale to the public, yet I'm seeing many tickets available on re-seller sites already. So, I'm feeling discouraged about the possibility of getting reserved seats.

Any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks.

Foothills Explorer Tour From Denver
53 Reviews
from $69.00*
Free Cancellation
Denver Mountain Parks with Optional...
193 Reviews
from $55.00*
Free Cancellation
8 replies to this topic
Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
8,471 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: General Admission Seating at Red Rocks

How much reserved seating there is for a show, how many ticket resellers will be buying tickets, what time the gates open or the concert starts, and how many rabid fans try to get seats when the gates do open are not questions that can be answered here since every show is different.

My advice would be that the time the gates open will be printed on your tickets. If you want good GA seats then be there before the gates open so you can get the best seats possible for the show. That's not travel advice but rather common sense advice for anyone going to any show anywhere in the world.

OK
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: General Admission Seating at Red Rocks

My apologies for asking a non-travel related question. I will be 'traveling' to get to the concert. And, I often see questions about purchasing tickets to various events posted in other travel forums. I do understand that all concerts are different - as are all venues. I was hoping for some insight from others who might have gotten general admission tickets at Red Rocks.

Perhaps those folks asking for transportation information to Red Rocks are also asking non-travel related questions.

Oh, well. We'll give it a try and see what happens.

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman, Crested Butte, Gunnison
Level Contributor
8,471 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: General Admission Seating at Red Rocks

Transportation to Red Rocks is certainly travel related and there's lots of good info about this already in the forums.

Asking (repeatedly) how early to arrive at a random show to get seats that you personally would consider "reasonable" is an unanswerable question. My best advice was to see when the gates open for your show and use your best judgement. If it's any consolation, I don't think there's a bad seat in the venue, but you might not feel the same way.

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,556 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: General Admission Seating at Red Rocks

It's been a long time since I attended a show with general admission tix. Back in the day you could show up any time after noon and hang out all day. Now the gates open 90 minutes before a show.

Maybe this thread has some info: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g33388…

Or search the City-Data forums too: http://www.city-data.com/forum/colorado/

Edited: 11:43 am, April 22, 2016
5. Re: General Admission Seating at Red Rocks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, April 22, 2016

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,674 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: General Admission Seating at Red Rocks

I tried to buy Jimmy Buffet Red Rocks tickets yesterday, without success. With AXS, you can join the waiting room 30 minutes before they officially start the sale. You do want to do that. I connected about 25 minutes before the sale started, using two different browsers. Some work better with AXS than others. About 30 minutes after the sale started it was "my turn". Nothing left. Nothing.

Some shows will have various pre-sales. Some for fan clubs, some for radio stations, some for specific credit cards. Search out any pre-sales for the show you want. If you're already seeing resales, there must be pre-sales going on.

As far as how soon to be there I can't help. Haven't done GA tickets at Red Rocks, and it will definitely depend on the show. I'd advise being there well in advance of the gates open time.

OK
Level Contributor
223 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: General Admission Seating at Red Rocks

@Babalax and @ Wheatie59 - thank you for the information. I did find some useful info in the TA link Babalax posted - sorry I didn't find that one when I was searching earlier.

Wheatie59 - that was exactly my experience with trying to buy tickets on Friday. I wasn't sure what time the 'waiting room' opened so good to know that it was 30 minutes prior to ticket sales. I logged in about 9:31 - which was when I first noticed it was open. It was my turn at about 10:25 and no combination of location, number of seats, split seats, etc. resulted in any tickets. Oh, well. :)

Wheat Ridge...
Level Contributor
6,674 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: General Admission Seating at Red Rocks

Concert tickets are a complete scam. You know good and dang well that most of the tickets being bought rigth when sales start are being bought by virtual assistants and will go on the resale sites. Most of which are ran by the same companies that sold them the first time.

Reply to: General Admission Seating at Red Rocks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted